Costa Del Sol Rental Property
Following rules are set to ensure that everyone can enjoy the beautiful urbanization and its facilities in a safe and relaxing way. We would ask everyone to respect the house rules and be considerate at all times.
- Check-in at 16:00.
- Check-out at 12:00.
- Identification of guests over the age of 16 is mandatory in the registration register of our accommodation, as stipulated in Article 12 of Organic Act 1/1992, 21 February, on the protection of citizens’ safety. To facilitate this registration, we ask you to have an ID card or passport for guests over 16 staying in this apartment.
- No shoes inside the home.
- No smoking is allowed in the apartment or in the common spaces of the building. Cigarette butts must be disposed of in ashtray.
- Pets are not allowed.
- We do not allow for guests to throw parties or events in the apartment or on the common spaces of the building.
- No unregistered guests or visitors allowed. The maximum property capacity is the amount mentioned on our webpage on the property. The violation of this could lead to the immediate removal of all guests without refund.
- Please refrain from playing radios, TVs or any other audio/electronic equipment at high volumes that will disturb neighbours. Music must always be kept at a reasonable level.
- Quiet hours between 22:00 and 08:00.
- No eating or drinking in bedrooms. Please enjoy your meal in the dining room or on the balcony.
- Guests must avoid throwing anything over the walls of your terraces at all times.
- Dispose of the garbage in the trash bin.
- Make sure to turn off the lights, air conditioning, and any electronics when you leave the house. Don’t forget to close the windows and lock the doors.
- Report any damages and/or breakages in a reasonable timely manner.
- Please keep the apartment in normal order when leaving.
- Fees – for smoking, unauthorized late check out, replacement of lost keys or parking credentials will be drawn from the deposit. If the cost exceeds the security deposit, the customer will be responsible for the cost.
- Retaliation clause. The guest agrees that they’re booking in good will and will not attempt to damage our business because of dissatisfaction over a ruling by AirBnb or the host in the event that the guest experience anything in regard to their stay or if losing a resolution and are now waiting the right to trial in case of a lawsuit.
- Guest and visitors should comply with the parking regulations and requirements and must show consideration to other vehicles in the neighbourhood.
- Please ensure that all entrances and exits are closed behind you at all times.
Terms & Conditions
Costa Del Sol Rental Properties (CDSRP) contains important information we are required by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) to disclose, including (i) the controller(s) of your personal information; (ii) legal bases, (iii) your legal rights, (iv) safeguards we rely on for transferring your personal information outside the EEA; and (v) the contact details of the controller and contact person (see above). This page also contains important information about the Payments Controller (defined below) and the information processed in connection with the Payments Services. Please read this page carefully. If you have any questions, you can contact us at the details above.
2. Searching and Booking on Costa Del Sol Rental Properties
You can search for lodging (villas, apartments etc.) by using criteria like “availability” service, travel destination, travel dates, and number of guests. You can also use filters to refine your search results. Search results are based on their relevance to your search and other criteria. Relevance considers factors like price, availability, Reviews, customer service and cancellation history, popularity, previous trips and saved Listings, Host requirements (e.g. minimum or maximum nights), and more.
When you book a listing/lodge, you are agreeing to pay all charges for your booking including the Listing price, applicable fees like Costa Del Sol Rental Properties (CDSRP), offline fees, taxes and any other items identified during checkout (collectively, “Total Price”). You are also agreeing that Costa Del Sol Rental Properties Payments may charge and collect any security deposit identified during checkout. When you receive the booking confirmation, a contract for Host Services (sometimes called a reservation in these Terms) is formed directly between you and the Property Owner where CDSRP is the managing agent or intermediary agent of these lodges. The cancellation policy and any other rules, standards, policies, or requirements identified in the Listing or during checkout form part of your contract with the CDSRP listings.
2.3 Accommodation Reservations
An Accommodation reservation is a limited license to enter, occupy and use the Accommodation. CDSRP retains the right to re-enter the Accommodation during your stay, to the extent: (i) it is reasonably necessary, (ii) permitted by your contract with us, and (iii) consistent with applicable law. If you stay past checkout, the Host/CDSRP has the right to make you leave in a manner consistent with applicable law, including by imposing reasonable overstay penalties. You may not exceed the maximum number of allowed Guests.
3. Cancellations, Travel Issues, Refunds and Booking Modifications
3.1 Cancellations, Travel Issues, and Refunds.
In general, if you cancel a reservation, the amount refunded to you is determined by the cancellation policy that applies to that reservation. But, in certain situations, other policies take precedence and determine what amount is refunded to you. If something outside your control requires you to cancel a reservation, you may be entitled to a partial or full refund under our Extenuating Circumstances Policy. If the Host/CDSRP cancels you may be entitled to rebooking assistance or a partial or full refund.
3.1a Extenuating Circumstances Policy
Circumstances that adhere to Force Majeure that is either caused by humans or nature. CDSRP will provide information and the necessary steps to ensure safety, please be advised CDSRP will contact you under Force Majeure conditions.
4. Your Responsibilities
You are responsible for your own acts and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of anyone you invite to join or provide access to any Accommodation or Experience. For example, this means: (i) you are responsible for leaving an Accommodation (and related personal property) in the condition it was in when you arrived, and (ii) you must act with integrity, treat others with respect and always comply with applicable laws. If you are booking for an additional guest who is a minor or if you bring a minor to a lodge, you must be legally authorized to act on behalf of the minor and you are solely responsible for the supervision of that minor.
5. Listing on Costa Del Sol Rental Properties
To list on CDSRP offers you the opportunity to share your Accommodation, Experience, or other List Service with our vibrant community of Guests – and earn money doing it. To list your property/lodge you must contact CDSRP and follow the guidelines of processing your property/lodge, for further information in regard to guidelines and various processes please contact CDSRP. In addition, some of the properties and lodges are previous property listings from Costa Del Sol Property (CDSP) see www.cdsproperty.no. This ensures maximum quality and assurance from CDSRP and CDSP. Any property information or future listings you may visit www.cdsproperty.no for further information and brokerage.
5.2 Contracting with Guests
All communication and property management are maintained by Costa Del Sol Rental Property; property owners are perceived as investors and do not necessarily partake in managing reservations. When you accept a booking request, or receive a booking confirmation through the CDSRP Platform, you are entering into a contract directly with CDSRP on behalf of property owners.
6.1 Cancellations and Travel Issues
In general, if a Guest cancels a reservation, the amount paid to CDSRP is determined by the cancellation policy that applies to that reservation.
6.2 Booking Modifications
Property Owners and Guests are responsible for any Booking Modifications they agree to make via the CDSRP Platform or direct CDSRP customer service to make on their behalf, and agree to pay any additional amounts, fees or taxes associated with a Booking Modification.
6.3 Cancellation Policy
Costa Del Sol Rental Property (CDSRP) follows the standard practices of cancellations, that is, cancellations lesser than 30 days of booking date is subject to no or partial refund, however, this is subjective as any cancellation must be requested and/or applied and approved by CDSRP. If cancellations are directly subject to extenuating circumstances such force majeure (see 3.1a above), CDSRP will provide the necessary information and termination of your (customer) booking/accommodation followed by either partial or full refund. If you (customer) have already booked and currently staying at the accommodation and wish to cancel, please be advised you will receive an additional surcharge of cancellation, damages (if any), maintenance (if any), housekeeping, dry cleaning and other miscellaneous service fees that may arise to abrupt cancellation. Please be advised refund may not be applicable if cancellation is abruptly shortened during your stay, however, if and only if abrupt cancellation are subject to full or partial refund if it meets extenuating circumstances (see 3.1a above).
7.1 Property Taxes
Property owners are responsible for determining and fulfilling their obligations under applicable laws to report, collect, remit, or include in your price any applicable VAT or other indirect taxes, occupancy taxes, tourist, income or other taxes (“Taxes”).
7.2 Tax Information
In certain jurisdictions, Tax regulations may require that we collect and/or report Tax information about you, or withhold Taxes from payouts to you, or both. If you fail to provide us with documentation that we determine to be sufficient to support any such obligation to withhold Taxes from payouts to you, we may withhold payouts up to the amount as required by law, until sufficient documentation is provided. You agree that CDSRP may issue on your behalf invoices or similar documentation for VAT, GST, consumption or other Taxes for your Host Services (property owners) to facilitate accurate tax reporting by our Guests (customers).
CDSRP may charge fees (and applicable Taxes) to Property Owners and Guests for use of the CDSRP Platform.